Frida-Inspired Self-Portrait Contest
High Museum of Art and MundoHispanico present
a Frida-inspired Self-Portrait Contest!
Draw, color, or paint yourself in a way that expresses your unique spirit, much like Frida Kahlo did through her paintings.
Learn More >>
- No purchase necessary.
- The contest is open to any 1st through 6th grade student who attends a public or private school in Georgia.
- Up to two submissions accepted per participant.
- The submissions will be judged for originality (50%) and creativity (50%).
- The submission should contain elements, techniques and/or styles influenced by Frida Kahlo.
- The submission must be an original work in a format that is at least 8.5" x 11".
- Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by the High Museum of Art, Georgia Power and MundoHispánico.
- Winners and their parents and/or legal guardian will be notified by April 28, 2013.
- All submissions will become property of the High Museum of Art and MundoHispánico.
- Provide the following information: Name, Surname, Age, Title of Painting, Home Address, City, Zip, Phone, Coursing/School Year, and School Name
- The parent and/or legal guardian must go to the official rules page to print, read and sign the contest rules and regulations consent form.
- Send the submission, student information, and signed consent form in an envelope by April 14 to:
MundoHispánico - Painting Competition
6455 Best Friend Road
Norcross, GA 30071
- The envelope must be postmarked by April 14, 2013.
- First prize: a $ 1,000 scholarship for art classes awarded by Georgia Power.
- Second prize: $ 500 in art supplies for painting, awarded by MundoHispánico.
- The winning submissions will be exhibited at the High Museum of Art Atlanta.
Presented In Association With