Win the opportunity to have Jerry Pinkney at your school
in the afternoon of Friday, December 13!
Witness: The Art of Jerry Pinkney is the first major exhibition to provide an overview of Caldecott Medal-winner Jerry Pinkney's fifty-year career as an illustrator and artist. More than 140 of Pinkney's luminous watercolor illustrations are on display, including work from his classic picture books Little Red Riding Hood, John Henry, and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, among others. On Friday, December 13, Jerry Pinkney will be in town to visit one Atlanta public school in the APS district! The school with the most persuasive letter will be chosen for an assembly program with Jerry Pinkney.
- Entries must be written as a persuasive letter.
- The letter may not exceed 250 words.
- It may be typed or hand-written, please use only one side of the page.
- Please use 8 ½ x 11-inch paper.
- The text must be the sole creation of the students.
- An illustration that accompanies the text is not required but is certainly encouraged!
Who May Participate: Title 1 Elementary (pre-Kindergarten through 5th grade) Atlanta public schools in the Atlanta Public School district.
How to Submit Entries: Individual students, whole classes, or whole schools may mail their letters directly to the High Museum of Art:
High Museum of Art
c/o Kate McLeod
1280 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Letters must be postmarked by December 7, 2013.
Every submission must also include the following in clear handwriting or type:
- Student(s) name
- Student(s) age
- Student(s) grade
- School name
- Teacher name
Don't miss out on your chance to win!